Welcome to the Twin Rivers Adult School!
The Twin Rivers Adult School (TRAS) has proudly served the community for decades. We serve thousands of community members with a variety of programs aimed at serving their educational and workforce needs.
In June 2015, Governor Brown signed Assembly Bill 104, which set aside a $500 million Adult Education Block Grant for the purpose of implementing the regional adult education plans throughout the state.
As a result, the Capital Adult Education Regional Consortium (CAERC) was developed. CAERC established the following Regional Priorities:
- Build and Expand Adult Education Offerings
- Develop Alignment and Pathways
- Increase Student Support Services
- Enhance Data and Accountability Systems
TRAS is a proud CAERC member. These priorities, along with our school mission and vision, drive our work.
TRAS provides services at our main location and serves students at various satellite locations throughout the Twin Rivers Unified School District boundaries.
TRAS is committed to supporting every student. Whether your goal is to learn English, support your child’s educational needs, learn a new skill to secure a job, or learn skills to advance your current career- we are here to support you!
On behalf of the entire TRAS staff, we look forward to providing you a positive learning experience.
Director, Arts and Career Education
Twin Rivers Adult School is committed to providing our diverse community with opportunities to achieve their personal, educational and vocational goals by becoming more responsible and productive members of society. As such, our mission is to help students gain knowledge and skills for employment, career advancement, and social responsibility.
Our Goals for Our Students
We have the following student learning outcomes that students who complete courses of study will be
self-directed achievers who
- analyze data and solve problems (study information and work out problems)
- initiate and complete tasks (start and finish every job)
valued community members who
- apply knowledge and skills at home and at work (use what they learn at home and at work)
- participate in outreach activities with individuals from diverse populations (work well with people from other cultures)
productive workers who
- take responsibility for their performance at work and in the community (are good workers and good neighbors)
- integrate written, verbal, and technological skills appropriately (use technology to write and speak better)
Twin Rivers Adult School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability.
Our Staff and Instructors
We have a dedicated staff that desire to help you achieve your educational goals. All of our teachers are qualified to instruct their area, and hold an appropriate California Teaching Credential.